Saturday, April 26, 2008

I Got a Loan, Now What Am I Going To Do?






That's right, I'm going to Disney World! I am so excited. We are leaving tomorrow, April 27th.
This will actually be my fourth trip there. But it will be my kids first. They are very excited.

We are staying at The Pop Century Resort. Which is one of the hotels right in Disney World. And looks cool, with fads from the 20th Century. Like they have a display of a giant "Big Wheel" and a giant"Yo-Yo," things like that. I chose that one because it looks like fun for the kids, and it is actually one of the least expensive hotels they have there. It doesn't matter to me where we stay, because you're not in the room much anyway, just to sleep - lol! I tried to get everything as cheaply as possible.

One other thing that I think will save us money is I purchased the food plan they have. This is something fairly new (they didn't offer this last time I went.) But what it is, is you get one meal in like a take out place a day, one meal in a sit down type place a day, and one snack a day. For everyone! And Tips and Gratuities, are included. I think I paid a little over $700.00 for the meal plan, for four people. That sounds like a lot, but believe me that is a good deal. Last time I went with just two of us, we spent I think at least $1000.00 on food. So I think this food plan is worth it, especially not having to pay the tips and gratuities, that should save us a lot of money.

But after we get back it will be back to being frugal, because I'll practically be broke after this - lol! I'm some what worried about the money we are spending on this trip, but I love Disney World and want my kids to get at least one chance to go there, while they're at a good age to really enjoy it! My husband says don't worry, let's just enjoy it! So that's what I'm going to try to do! I'll worry later!

So I'll be gone for a week. Don't miss me too much! While I'm gone I was supposed to have my friend RV David, do some guest blogging for me. But that's still somewhat of a mystery, since I haven't heard from him in awhile. So check back later this week and see if he shows up. If not I'll "see" you all when I get back! And I'll tell you all about my trip, with some tips on going to Disney, and more ways I tried to "do it cheaper." Bye for now!

15 comments:

  1. Once again. Wish you have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,
    I wish your family a lot of fun. I have never been to Disney World. Take lots of pictures. Have a safe trip also! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue that sounds awesome. I hope you and your family have a great time. Your husband has it right have the time of your life and then worry about money later. Disneyworld party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys I'm so excited. I'm actually leaving right now to stay at my mother's house overnight, because she lives closer to the airport. I'll talk to you all when I get back. Hugs , Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue,
    I hope that you and your family have a wonderful trip. Be safe and have lots of fun. See you when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun!! If you ride a monorail anywhere.. don't forget to ask to ride up front!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww I am so sorry I wasn't here to wish you guys off well. Friday I took off and then Saturday my computer died on me lol. I think it was angry that I left it alone friday so it plotted against me.

    I hope you have a fantastic trip, take lots of pictures.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue,
    Hope you're having fun, I know you are! Looking forward to the follow up post! We have not been down there since 2000! Can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't worry about the money! The memories will be priceless!
    It is my favorite place in the whole world!!!
    Have tons of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Sue!

    I hope you are all having a wonderful breakfast with Mickey and Minne!

    I can't wait to see your pictures. My hubby and I were just discussing the Resorts in Disney, so please be sure to include any and all details! :D

    Food Plan- Phenomenal Savings!

    And, since you will have "nothing to do" :D when you return, I tagged you for a meme-- check out my site!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have done this too. Take out a loan to go on vacation with the fmaily. Man, it's totally worth it. The time you have the family is worth all the over-time to pay of the loan.

    Hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone for your comments while I was gone! We had a great trip! I'll post something real soon on our trip. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would really appreciate hearing any cost savings tips you might be able to offer for a Disney trip. I also am a parent of two (both girls), and when my youngest was still a baby we were able to do a Disney trip. Now she is older, and she really wants to go. I love Disney and really want to go too, the question becomes...how to fit it in the budget. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete